Thursday, December 3, 2015

My-Type


Type and Symbol:
 In order to create this image I first typed the word TALL. In between the T and L, I created some space in order to fit the ladder in between the letters. In order to make the ladder look like it was behind the letters I went to Object>Arrange> Move back.



Overlapping symbol:
 In order to make the film reel look like it was the empty space of the letter A, I picked a font that did not have that white space, so that I could just move the film reel over it and then went to Object>Arrange> Bring to Front.
Combine Type and Photo:
To create this image I used the exact same process as #1. Just selected a different font.

Replacing a an image to replace a word:
In order to create this image I first had to brainstorm and come up with an idea that would make sense. I used the book image and then I just added the word worm right below it. 
In order to create a cliche I had to come up with an idea that could combine two images in order to display a cliche. A lot of times when i'm at the bar I hear the bar tender say "this drink is bomb" meaning that the drink is really good. 
For this image we incorporated interacting text with a word. For this word I used the wooden blocks and the T on top of it so the T was "stacked on top of the blocks."
For the last word all I did was create a text box typed the word FAT and then made the A a different font and made it way "fatter than the rest of the letters."

Using Adobe InDesign: Using this program was a lot of fun once I got the hang of it. Most of the Images that I used first had to be modified in Photoshop. I found this t be kind of a waste of time because we should just be able to edit In Design as well. Overall I think that this program could be very useful for people that are looking to design covers for just about anything DVD case, CD cases, books etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment